holy balls!! i cant even remember what delicious path of light and luck i was travelling down when i stumbled upon this gem but, omg. this shit is marvelous for several reasons, which i shall detail to you right here and right now.
1. the title. this book is called BIRTH CONTROL IS SINFUL IN THE CHRISTIAN MARRIAGES and also ROBBING GOD OF PRIESTHOOD CHILDREN!! just like that. all capital letters. think im lyin? look up there at the book cover.
2. the cover. between everything being written in capital letters, and my girl’s hair and outfit, its safe to say that the only thing that can make this cover any better is ninjas and unicorns. also, i dont know if u can see it, but beneath that lovely picture is a little by-line that gives u a hint to the goodness to be had once you compose yourself enough to get past the brilliance of the cover and actually open the book: MANY FALSE CHRIST MARRIAGES ARE LIVING ON BIRTH CONTROL AND NOW LEADING THE AMERICAN CHURCH WEALTH! o shit! u see that exclamation point? its about to get real!
oh also i should point this out… dont let the early 90s bumper curl fool you. this book was published in 2008.
3. the entire book is written in capital letters. i shit you not. look at this screenshot:
4. holy shit, did you read any of that??! so im still not too sure what this book is about, perse, but the main idea is that birth control = bad. also bad: proper punctuation, subject-verb agreement, and common sense. THE FOCUS OF A CHRISTIAN MARRIAGES IS NOW: **HOW CUTE A PASTOR WIFE CAN DRESS FOR THE CHURCHES IMAGE. <– that’s an actual excerpt from this book.
5. it costs $138 motherfucking dollars. and the USED ones cost even more! if it sucked, would it cost so freakin much? i think not.
6. the customer images. thankfully, a good majority of amazon.com users are assholes. go take a look at the images that reviewers of this book uploaded.
7. the customer reviews. remember when i said that a good majority of amazon.com users are assholes? omg. just freakin look:
Is birth control sinful in Christian marriages? How can I convince children to avoid becoming priests, thereby robbing God of much needed pre-teen evangelists? Philosophers have been debating these questions for centuries!!
Finally, someone has had the courage to answer both of these key questions in one single tome. The answers are “yes” and “don’t, unless you want to get smited,” respectively.
Buy this book!! It would be a bargain even if not for a generous 10% the discount and also free the shipping.
A five-star book, but minus one star for wasting capital letters (we’re in a recession — come on!) and minus one more star for the hairdo. Sorry, but at $150 a pop, you shouldn’t need to sell many copies of this book to be able to afford a good stylist, honey. That’s THREE STARS! Not bad!
THIS BOOK IS FANTASTIC! IT HAS MADE ME REALIZE JUST HOW MANY PRIESTHOOD CHILDREN I HAVE ROBBED GOD OF. I HAVE THROWN AWAY ALL OF MY CONDOMS AND REPLACED ALL OF MY GIRLFRIEND’S BIRTHCONTROL PILLS WITH TIC-TACS SO THAT WE WILL NO LONGER BE CONSIDERED SINNERS. THANK YOU ELIYZABETH, YOU HAVE SCREAMED SOME SENSE INTO ME.
CAN I PURCHASE THIS BOOK FOR THE KINDLE? AND WILL IT BE ELIYZABETH SCREAMING THE BOOK TO ME?
WHENEVER I ACCIDENTALLY HIT THE CAPS LOCK KEY IN THE PAST, A LITTLE LIGHT WOULD COME ON. LITTLE DID I KNOW THAT LIGHT WAS JESUS TRYING TO GET AT MY BRAIN. BUT ONCE I LET HIM IN AND BURNED ALL MY BOOKS AND CONDOMS, I REALIZED THAT THE ONLY CHRISTIAN WAY TO WRITE IS IN ALL CAPS. OTHERWISE THE HOLY SPIRIT WON’T GET ACROSS TO ANYBODY!
THIS IS A FANTASTIC BOOK BUT MY BOOKSHELF IS A BIT SPARSE AS AFTER READING IT I BURNED ALL MY OTHER BOOKS, INCLUDING THE BIBLES AS THEY WERE WRITTEN PARTIALLY IN LOWERCASE LETTERS, OR AS I LIKE TO CALL THEM, THE DEVIL’S RUNES. CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND ME A GOOD ALLCAPS BIBLE?
I SEE NOW THAT MY NON-PREGNANT WAYS ARE AN ABOMINATION. I AM NOW PREPARING TO FORGET ALL ABOUT MY MASTER’S DEGREE AND GIVE UP MY CAREER, SETTLE DOWN WITH A MAN IN FORCED MARRIAGE, AND COMMENCE BABY FACTORY ACTIVITIES.
i’m gonna end this by giving you some advice: my birthday is april 29th. if you, during that time, feel the need to spend $135 on the *perfect* gift for me… DO NOT GET ME THIS BOOK. thanks in advance!