i am both happy and sad to announce that there will be no updates here or at Splackavellie Central this month. it’s sad because all of the ridiculous thoughts that i run around my head at any given time are gonna have to stay in there, where they will more than likely start a tent city, start dropping acid, and run an absolute mock in there. but it’s good because i’ll still be writing! i’m going to do my damndest to do NaNoWriMo this year, and so far i’m off to a shitty start because it’s november 5th and i haven’t even written word one. i’ma get to it though!
in the meantime, i’d like to say hi to any new readers that mosey on this way. the show will absolutely go on, and in the meantime i’d like to invite you to take a look at some of the favorite foolery that goes on around here! and if you’re not new, do yall remember where u were when this epicness entered your lives?:
- Steve Harvey Suits: gotta catch ’em all!
- Roland S. Martin thinks you need to look like him.
- so Tiger Woods apologized to you. but did you deserve it? (probably not)
- A Letter to John Mayer (and his white supremacist dick)
- Brandy’s Hairline Sees Naomi’s Edges, Stages Intervention
- an interview with Ray J and all 2 of his brain cells
- the new ‘No Wedding, No Womb’ anthem, “A Womb is Not a House“
- and my personal favorite: obscure r&b album covers.
we have some serious times here, too! but only like three of them though. i think these are probably it:
- one day, you’re gonna shit yourself: a motivational message.
- …But Tell It Slant: my life and times at a really fricken racist school.
- on: street harassment.
if you need more waters to wade through, take a jaunt on over to Splackavellie Central and remind yourself of some truly ridiculous moments in r&b. or tumble through my tumblr, which i’ll still be updating at random. OR if you’re one of them artsy broads, take a look at the prose project i recently began. see? i’m not ALL foolishment! just like 96% of it.
hopefully that’s plenny to tide you over til Dec. 1st! come back! don’t forget me!